Tip from your personal trainer: Do this variation of the regular push-up to add a little variety to your routine and engage more core strength:
- Lie face down with legs extended out behind you and feet together
- Place your hands slightly wider than shoulders width apart, palms down, elbows at a 90 degree angle
- Straighten arms, keeping abs tight and lift up on your toes so your body is flat like a table…get that butt in the air!
- Move your right hand and foot 3-4” forward
- Keeping your body straight, lower body to the ground by bending your elbows until your upper arms are parallel with the floor…keep your elbows close to your ribs (like a tricep pushup)
- Return to the start position by pushing yourself back up…don’t let your core sag
- Walk your left hand about 3-4” forward…simultaneously move your left foot forward 3-4”
- Lower your body as you did above…repeat and keep walking your body forward with every pushup
Important: Keep your spine in line by keeping your eyes focused on the floor and your abs tight…don’t let your body sag on the way up. Also, exhale on the way up and inhale on the way down. Keep your elbows close to your ribs to emphasize your tricep muscle.
Check out the original article.